Monday, 7 November 2011

Q. Who would be your media audiences and why?

AgeIdeally the age range for my magazine would be between 15-25 max. The reason I have 15 as my minimum age is because younger ages are exposed to more mainstream music and at this age they would be exploring other options.
Gender
I find that this magazine is pointing towards a more female audience and some of the things i've included in my contents such as 'fashion' does not relate to boys, however this does not restrict them from reading the articles but the majority of audiences would be female.

Race/ethnicityAfter looking at magazines such as NME and Kerrang, I have found that they do not feature much multicultural bands/artists and by having my main feature revolving around the ethnicity of the upcoming artist, I would like my readers to be multicultural. As well as indie music, the magazine will also focus on incorporating world music.

LifestyleAs the age range of my target audience is still quite young they would still be in some form of education whether it is secondary, college/sixth form or university. Being socially active would be important and also image. Music would be a huge part of my target audiences lifestyle which could include money spent on audio devices, CDs/downloads, merchandise and gigs/music events.

No comments:

Post a Comment