After thinking about the cover shoot In did for the preliminary task (school magazine) I have been much more aware and considerate of the kind of shot that would be suitable for the music magazine.
For the school cover shoot it took roughly 10-15 minutes to get a decent shot, whereas the music cover shoot took much longer so from the time it took to get the shot alone shows how much effort and thoughour thinking it took. Finding the right images proved to be the most difficult out of the project and by doing so I've learnt that it is not as easy to create cover shots. Even after taking the shot it takes more time to edit and adjust it so the image will be suitable for both cover and feature article page.
Since the preliminary task I haven't used any other different piece of technology or software as the process was similar however by doing the music task, I proved to use these technologies and software more effectively to produce better results.
In terms of layout, I made sure I followed the magazine convention better and I included more puffs and text than I did for the school task.
Compared to the school article I feel that the music article was much more interactive. It gave a sense that I was with the artist and getting to know her whereas the other article was more about advice and the only interaction I included was an image of a volunteer. I've also learnt how to structure and present a feature article better and how to arrange images which would look suitable. I've also learnt to write more entertainingly and learnt to use puns to engage the reader/audience which is something I definatly did not do in the preliminary and which I believe has been a progression
What i've learnt from the previous AS is to establish a clean, clear and structured house style and theme. I realised that I did not have enough content and my layout was weak. This time I chose a certain magazine (NME special edition) and followed that ayout closely whilst also putting my own ideas in. Overall I do find that my second attempt was far better but by doing the first magazine, it enabled me to review my mistakes and learn through this progression.
No comments:
Post a Comment