Monday, 7 November 2011

Q. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

As the genre of my magazine is indie I feel that it would be best if it was also an independent publishing. Indie music represents ambition and success without the need of major companies who take most control in that artists work and so I would like my magazine to be successful in it's own terms without having a big publishing house to sell it for me.

In order to do this i'll need to thouroughly research my target market more than I did for this project. I'll also need to gain better knowledge of the topic/genre of the magazine if i'm to truly relate to my readers. To enable to get this to my potential readers I would firstly advertise it via the internet as it proves to be more effective. Promote through sites such as social networking (facebook fan pages), chat rooms, blogs and of course producing a website. Then I would distribute my magazine I would mail copies around, local newstands, shops and supermarkets.
To encourage the repretation of the magazine I would hand out promotion/sample copies and also organise a magazine launch party.


I'd also seek out new musicians or artists and organise free gigs which will appease my target audience and also help promote new talent as well as my publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment