Layout
I feel as though my magazine is quite conventional as I followed the special edition issue closely and although some of the layout is different, it does follow the basic convention rules such as the anchoring text, linking colours on text and props. Another thing I did was to ensure that I had the Z shaped layout which is conventional in most magazines to help lead the readers eyes across the whole page.
With all magazines such as NME, their house colour scheme is red, white, black and yellow. This type of colour scheme is common within indie and rock magazines. I felt it was necessary to follow this cheme as well but the way I carried it off was different.
Also within actual magazines, the publishers tend to match parts of the model to the text (colour of lips, eye makeup, certain peices of clothing, etc) and as my cover was purely black and white, I would have had to pick out a colour to work with and so I picked out the red in the lips and bracelet and made that my on-going colour scheme. This is similar to what was done on the NME cover. They used pink this time and obtained the colour from her lips and tips of her nails. Blue is also incoorpriated but not seen in text.

No comments:
Post a Comment