Monday, 7 November 2011

Q. How did you attract/address your audiences?

ColoursI used a very subtle red, while and black colour scheme and used the red to make the cover eye catching. The black and white helps make the cover stylish and in some way classy. Very appropriate for a special edition issue.


Fonts
The font is fairly basic.The main concern was whether it was readable and worked with various sizes and colours. Certain peices of text such as the artist's name was noticably different to add intrest and edge. For the title I used a basic shape font but the effect on the font interested me. It had a decay, crumbly style effect which could emphasis the artists 'break-though' into the music industry. I also used the 'impact' font for the puffs to keep it from being too basic whilst keeping it readable.

Images/mise-en-scene
The image is not too different form what a real magazine would do and works well with the genre of the magazine and can relate to the readers in terms of style.

Language
The language I used was quite informal but not so much that I used slang which would help relate to my audience and show the type of audience I want to attract.  
In the contents page, rather than simply stating the topic of each page I tried to make it sound more interesting such as 'Picnic with Ellie Goulding' which shows quirky-ness and fun.
Now with the feature article I tried a pun, to incoopriate asian into sensation to add to the humour. I am pleased to say that it did work as I got much positive feedback. From this the artice title was the second most difficult task I faced but I am happy I got there in the end.
 I also upt a sort of pun with the anchoring text (SHHpecial), linking it with my image

No comments:

Post a Comment