Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Trying out different fonts and styles

My main source for fonts comes from myfonts.com in which I enter a key word such as 'indie' or 'pop' and the fonts that match those descriptions will be listed. I have tried various fonts to see if they suited my magazine style and genre well. I was looking for a style that was not too basic but at the same time wont look too out of place. 


 This font is called 'Candy Script'. When I first saw it I thought it was creative and looked very casual however I though it was too bubble-gum pop style for my genre.

 Now this seemed interesting and unique however it seemed to 'comic book' to me and did not fir in with the images I had taken.

 I liked this as it was not the standard Ariel or Times New Roman font but stays quite simplistic although as I would be laying my image over the title, I would need a font that is a bit more thicker in order to stay visible. It is a 'handwritten' style font and I though it would look more individual and give the cover a personal touch to it. 

 This appealed to me more than the other three even though the font is standard but I liked the worn, vein effect going through it. It would be suitable sitting behind my image and I believe reflects my genre well. To me it can suggest the flow of sound waves in the letters or the  'careless' look which I think has a bit more attitude to it and seem more indie. 




No comments:

Post a Comment