Friday, 14 October 2011

Cover #1


I used one of my old photoshoot images for this one as I thought that the pose and mis-en-scene was appropriate for the theme I had going. I still wanted to keep the blue colour scheme and also decided to add red to clash the colour and make it more eye catching. I also kept my magazine slogan 'your splash of music news'.
I used one of my own magazines as a template for puffs and ideas. I also took the idea of the yellow price sticker on the top corner as from personal experience, the large display of pricing encourages me to buy the magazine and so I hope that my magazine would have the same effect.
I decided to keep the puffs on one side of the page and a banner at the bottom as banners are conventional in most magazines.
I've kept the blue colour scheme in the puffs but added the odd red colour to relate to the main image. The reason I have used red in my anchoring text is because I have picked the colour from my models lips and design from her jacket. I then made her name in red as i have placed it away from the anchoring text but I wanted to keep that connection between the two texts.

FEEDBACK
"I like the images however, I don't quite get the house style of your magazine yet. It needs to be clearer. Also the colours and style must run through in both contents and double page spread. The yellow price sticker is also un necessary. The puffs also need to be better and go around the image rather than sticking to just one side.But main focus of improvement must be the house style."

No comments:

Post a Comment