I've taken a look at the NME Jimi Hendrix edition double page spread. I've noticed that in double pages that the images are the main concern and the text is focused more in a lower corner with a photo of Jimi Hendrix taking up the majority of the double pages with a large mid shot. A quote of his is also splashed across the top to fill in the blank spaces. Due to the large image and the position of the article, the text is therefore published in a very small font. By looking through other issue of NME I notice that is common as the images are the main priority. Every page of the magazine has a photo of some sort whether it's an album cover or gig pictures

Here I have another example of a double page spread from NME magazine featuring artist, Florence and the machine. Unlike the Jimi Hendrix page, this one is very basic in terms of colour and text font, however I feel this is also a strong page as the red pops out against the black and grey and also helps to bring attention to her hair as well.
This is also a full body shoot and conventional in a way that the image is on the left hand side whist the text is placed on the right.
Just like the Jimi Hendrix page, the image does not stick to the left side of the page as the drapes of cloth seep to the other side.
No comments:
Post a Comment