
[Rough draft]
Origonally I had the main image in colour and had it overlapping on to the other side of the page. I also used my origonal article and quotes but I ensured I made the font smaller as it was too large when printed out. I tried to make my second image black and white but picking out the blue shirt and red lips. However I decided that this is not effective.

[Editied from previous]
Here I've decided to apply my house style to the main image by making the background black and white as I though it was too busy. I coloured in my model to establish that she is the main focus. I then used a different second image which is a bit more bolder and different.
Then for my article title I kept my pun 'Sens Asian' and retained the white and red colour scheme with 'Asian' being in red to highlight the pun and focus.
I then included a quote which I made the same font and colour red to ensure it stands out but does not overpower the main article. I made the article text smaller to about a size 8 as it will be made into A3 and so the size will hopefully even out.
The length of the article had to be limited due to space and so I inserted a small triangle after the last line to indicate that the article continues on the next page. This technique is quite conventional in most magazines.
FEEDBACK ON EDIT
#1 " I think the red and the blue clashes too much and leaves the blue out of place. The interviewer and interview-ee are not distinguished clearly and again, the font is too basic. I would rather the main image to be just black and white although I like the second image and the arrow indicator which is quite professional"
#2 " I really like it. I do think that the text is easy to read and has clear focus. I love the pun! The red and white in the title balances out the dramatic effect and I like the use of the black and white. I just think that the quote could be done in a different colour as you've already got red. I would suggest white to go with your house style"
No comments:
Post a Comment