Cover
After recieveing the feedback from my previous cover, I decided to change the wold thing once again. The image I used was one that my teacher thought was strong and when I asked if I could do a black and white cover, I was advised that I pick up one colour from her bracelet or lips and use it i my colour scheme. I then made my image black and white and then had the bracelet and lips coloured in. From theer I went on to title and anchoring text which I also made red to link it with my main image. Again I've kept the puffs on the side, however in further development I may include some on the other side.
I have established my colour scheme of red, white and black in which I will aim to run this through my other pages.
I have given my puffs a combination of black and white to estabish my scheme further. Also it helped make the words readable.
With my anchoring text, I have played it with the image. The model has her finger on her lips and I wanted to create a pun form it by using 'SHH' in to 'SPECIAL'. The reason why I made the words 'special edition' was to show it was like the NME covers where they had the simple grey background and the main colour.
FEEDBACK
#1 "I like the use of one colour and red is very eye-catching and bold. However, I think the font is too boring and the puffs are slightly difficult to read."
#2 " This has an interesting layout and seems to target a female audience. I like the use of 'SHH' in the text because I find it interesting and provokes mystery"
Contents
I keep with the house style I made the background grey also and used the red to highlight different sections of the contents. I used another magazine as a template and they had two images only, one main image and the other for subscriptions whcih I have done here.
I used the colour scheme of red and black in my text. I used red to highlight 'NW' for new wave and made 'this Week' in black to break up the similarity and make it stand out more.
FEEDBACK
#1 "Again text is too basic and I dont think the blue goes well with the red and black colour scheme"
#2 "It would be preferable if the only colour in the image was the blue shirt so the style would match the one shown on the cover. I also think the colour scheme is very neutral. I like it"

No comments:
Post a Comment